Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Guide Gear Review: Black Diamond Vector Helmet Review


I have long awaited the arrival of the new Black Diamond Vector Helmet. I like to carry as little weight up the hill as possible and since my LG/XL Vector weighs in at a trim 8.5 ounces (SM/MD 8.1 ounces) I have no excuse to leave my helmet at home.
 
the new Vector from blackdiamondequipment.com
 
There are lots of technical components to the Vector: in-mold headlamp clips, ratcheting helmet adjustment, tuck away suspension (for packing), lots of ventilation, and cold-molded EPS foam with polycarbonate shell.  On top of all these technical points, the Vector passes the all-day comfort test with ease.

A good friend and regular climbing partner of mine named Juan laid it out for me a few weeks ago: he said, “Mike, you are to always bring your helmet for any projects in Eldo.” Juan and I had been working on the climb “Surf’s Up.” Sure enough the next time we went out I brought the Vector along to test-drive. Bottom line: we both dug it.

 
Juan rockin the Vector Helmet in Eldo
 
The long and short is this: the Vector is a lightweight helmet that is comfortable, looks good, packs easily and most importantly is going to protect your domepiece.  Fear not ladies, there is also a Women's Model.
 
Have fun and be safe out there.
 

CMS Senior Guide
Colorado Mountain School
1.800.836.4008
totalclimbing.com

1 comment:

Robert said...

This article is such a nice and interesting one, I'm very satisfied with the provided contents. helmet review