Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Marmot Minimilist Jacket - Guide Review


 
Marmot Women’s Minimalist Jacket
 

I wore Marmot’s Minimalist Jacket every day this winter while ski guiding in Hokkaido, Japan. Marmot uses GORE-TEX® with Paclite® Technology in the jacket, which means that it is light, packs well and keeps you dry. On off-piste days, I wore the Marmot Dena Jacket underneath the Minimalist – which is a perfect combination on cold and snowy days...essentially everyday in Hokkaido. When skiing and guiding in the backcountry, I can wear the Minimalist all day over a thin fleece layer. You might think that I would get hot skinning or breaking trail while wearing GORE-TEX®, but I do not.  The Minimalist’s roomy PitZips™ allow for excellent venting. The length of the jacket and an integrated draw-cord hem also aide in venting and are great features so long as I remember to close off the drawcord when I am ready to ski down in deep powder...essentially every run in Hokkaido!  The Minimalist Jacket also features a well-designed, adjustable hood, which is essential when it is dumping snow. Lastly, the Minimalist Jacket comes in seven colors, so there is always a perfect color for everyone – even us ladies!

The Minimalist is not only for super-snowy Japan. This will be my go-to piece for springtime in Colorado, and also a great choice for hiking or backpacking in rainy conditions. Thank you Marmot for creating this functional jacket!
 
 
Norie Kizaki
AMGA Certified Rock Instructor
CMS Guide
Colorado Mountain School
1.800.836.4008
nkizaki@totalclimbing.com












No comments: